Welcome to the Laboratory of Aquatic Ecology, Evolution and Conservation
The Laboratory of Aquatic Ecology, Evolution and Conservation represents one of the three laboratories of the Ecology, Evolution and Biodiversity Conservation section.
Research focuses on the ecology of aquatic systems, with special attention to behavioural ecology, community ecology, evolutionary ecology, population ecology and stress ecology. We organize bachelor courses of animal diversity, ecology and nature conservation. Master courses are taught in (aquatic) ecology, behavioural ecology, biogeography, evolutionary ecology and statistics.
The laboratory cooperates with partners in developing regions (aquatic ecology projects in Bolivia, Ecuador, Ethiopia, South Africa, Vietnam and Zimbabwe). Our research has applications in nature conservation, water and wildlife management, fisheries and aquaculture.
Overview of the research topics
- Community Ecology & Ecological Biogeography
- Stress Ecology
- Biodiversity & Nature Conservation
- Evolutionary Ecology & Behavioural Ecology
- Molecular Ecology & Ecological Genomics
- Aquaculture & Environmental Microbiology
- Laboratory of Biodiversity and Evolutionary Genomics
- Laboratory of Aquatic Biology @ KULAK
- Ecology, Evolution and Conservation Section
- Biology Department